The main content of this page begins here.
STS is aiming to become a company that customers "trust" by continuing to ensure sound and fair corporate activities and business operations of the highest quality.
The STS Shinkai Group recognizes that ensuring that executives and employees comply with the relevant laws and regulations throughout all types of corporate activities and partake in behavior that is in line with social ethics is essential for developing a sound company and maintaining a highly transparent workplace environment. To achieve this, employees are required to act with common decency based on the values and ethics that are essential for sincere and appropriate behavior.
Code of conduct
- Social norms and discipline
- STS adheres to all laws and rules, and the spirit that binds them as part of conducting fair corporate activities. Employees also understand social common sense and company rules, maintain a high sense of corporate morality and employee ethics, and act with the highest sense of decency and responsibility as members of society.
- Social contribution
- STS strives to make every effort for the development of the local community and to maintain its comfort and safety based on a harmonious relationship with that community, and ensures that each and every employee carefully considers how they can contribute to society while co-existing with the community.
- Antisocial behavior
- STS will never associate with any form of organized crime and takes a firm stance against such antisocial behavior, in order to maintain a civil society.
- Environmental policy
- STS adheres to laws related to environmental conservation and encourages the 3Rs of reducing the amount of waste products generated, recycling and reusing in line with the environmental policy it has developed, and takes an environmentally friendly approach for both corporate and individual activities.
- Information disclosure
- To ensure a better level of communication with society, information that includes details of submissions made to government agencies is disclosed at the appropriate time and method when requested by members of society. Information that may have a negative impact on STS will not be hidden, and information that has been exaggerated will not be disclosed.
- Fair transactions
- STS complies with all relevant laws and regulations when conducting its business. STS services are proposed to customers under fair conditions and suppliers are provided with fair business opportunities to ensure that fair decisions are made.
- Customer approach
- STS makes every effort to provide a high-quality service that meets customer requirements, as well as to build up a relationship of trust with suppliers.
- Prohibition of corruption and bribery
- We maintain a robust and fair relationship with politics and government administration without bribery and/or illicit political donations.
We never offer money, entertainment, gifts, and/or any other benefits/conveniences to public servants or equivalent persons in pursuit of certain business advantage in return, such as approval and license, acquisition/maintenance of trading, and/or access to nondisclosure information.
In addition, we do not give any gifts, meals, services, and/or entertainment to any public servants even if it does not solicit any business rewards.
- Standard entertainment and exchange of gifts
- STS prohibits the receipt of inappropriate entertainment or exchange of gifts that go beyond socially acceptable standards, such as capitalizing on work status for financial gain or other types of profit, or violating laws and regulations, and will never engage in such activities itself.
We may give or accept gifts, meals, services, and entertainment if:
・ they are relatively infrequent and shall not exceed a reasonable amount of money on the conventional wisdom.
・ they comply with applicable laws and are consistent with customary business practices or courtesies.
・ they will not place us under any obligation to the party who gave the gift.
・ they do not include cash.
・ they are never given to, or received from, any government official.
・ the party to which we are planning to give a gift does not have a workplace policy that would prohibit it.
- Respect for human rights
- STS respects the human rights of each and every employee, never discriminates, and provides opportunities for individual development and self-fulfillment.
- Sexual harassment prohibited
- STS employees will not partake in sexual harassment, actions that may be construed as such by others, or actions that sexually-offensive behavior that causes discomfort to others.
- Document and information management
- STS fully recognizes the importance of managing company information, customer information and private information, and implements the appropriate security measures to prevent disclosure to unauthorized persons or use for purposes other than for company operations.
- Maintain a sound working environment
- STS strives to maintain an enjoyable working environment where employees respect one another and are free to voice their opinions, so that all employees feel a sense of solidarity as part of the company and able to work to their highest potential.
- Appropriate accounting processing
- STS adopts appropriate accounting processing in line with laws and internal regulations, and is developing an effective system for checks and balances. Various forms of credit management for suppliers are also in place to ensure that business activities are not unnecessarily affected.
- Prevent conflict of interest
- STS does not allow actions that adversely affect the company's performance, even if they are directly or indirectly related to company operations. STS will also not engage in such conduct.
STS provides products and services that deliver value and satisfaction to customers and society, and also works at increasing the quality of employee awareness and business operations, and creating reliable quality.
- Make ongoing improvements to management systems to increase quality and customer satisfaction.
- Adhere to laws, regulations and ethical standards to fulfill social responsibility.
Acquire ISO9001 certification
Registration No.: JUSE-RA-1771
As a provider of logistics services, the STS Shinkai Group recognizes that a deteriorating global environment, including global warming and air pollution, soil contamination, resource depletion and increases in toxic chemical substances, is a serious problem, and is aiming to become a more environmentally friendly company by continuing to reduce its environmental impact and conduct environmental conservation activities. Environmental goals and objectives have been assigned to every aspect of company activities.
Acquire ISO14001 certification
Registration No.: JUSE-EG-093
Green Freight Asia certificate
We joined the nonprofit organization “Green Freight Asia (GFA) (established in Singapore)” whose mission is to help lower fuel consumption across Asia-Pacific sourced road freight movements, reduce CO2 emissions from these movements, and lower shipping costs across the entire supply chain. We are the first member of GFA as a Japan-based company. We were certified GFA Label Leaf 1 on Nov. 2018.
GFA Label program rewards companies that demonstrate a commitment to adoption of green freight practices through the green certification program. We keep making an effort to becoming an eco-friendly company through our green freight practices.
Information security policy
The STS Shinkai Group works to protect the information assets that are in the group's possession. The underlying basic philosophy and principles are set forth as the information security policy, and applied and maintained as required.
1. Basic philosophy
The STS Shinkai Group recognizes the importance of the group's information assets, and works to protect the information assets from various information security with the aim of achieving the corporate philosophy of "a company that customers trust."
2. Information security policy
- Approach to information security:
- STS recognizes that "information security is one of the most important issues affecting the group's management and business," and everyone involved in operations strives to achieve this policy
- Continuous improvements to information security:
- Everyone involved in group operations recognizes the importance of protecting information assets, and make continuous improvements for accurate work and maintaining quality and speed
- Protection of information assets:
- The appropriate measures are implemented to suit work processes in order to protect the confidentiality, soundness and availability of the group's information assets from threats
- Human resources security:
- Everyone involved with group operations agree to a contract are subject to penalties in the event of security violations, in order to ensure that they act appropriately to suit their roles and responsibilities before, during and after employment or changes to employment circumstances, as well as to reduce the risk of theft, fraudulent activities or unauthorized use of facilities
- Education and training:
- Everyone involved in group operations work to raise their awareness of information security, and associated enlightenment and educational activities are conducted with the support of management
- Compliance with laws and regulations:
- STS focuses on compliance and conformity with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, the Unfair Competition Prevention Act, the Copyright Act, laws and regulations related to information security and other rules, and adheres to these laws, regulations and other rules.
- Preventing and responding to accidents:
- STS ensures the protection of information assets and records that are essential for operations from viruses, malware, unauthorized exposure, modification, external threats, and service interferences, and works to prevent interruptions to business activities and information security accidents. In the event that an accident occurs, the appropriate measures to prevent the accident from recurring are implemented immediately.
Acquire ISO27001 certification
Registration No.: JUSE-IR-063
Protection of private information
The STS Shinkai Group recognizes the importance of protecting customers' private information, and adheres to laws and regulations related to the protection of private information as well as social order, and the following policy has been set forth for protecting private information, and applied and maintained as required.
- Information is used for the purposes of the group's logistics services (including cargo handling, transportation, packing, warehousing, information systems, logistics processing), debt recovery and fulfillment of obligations, insurance work, concluding and implementing contracts and other processes associated with this work. If information needs to be used beyond the scope of the purposes listed here, those new purposes will be notified in advance, or announced on the company homepage or other means.
- The purpose of use of private information will be made clear, and private information will be acquired, used and provided to third parties using fair and proper methods only to the extent required to achieve those purposes.
- Private information acquired from customers is managed safely and appropriately in order to gain the trust of those customers.
- Private information is managed rationally and appropriately in order to protect the information from threats such as leakage, theft, modification and infection from viruses.
- Maintenance and improvements are made to the internal rules related to the protection of private information, and education and enlightenment activities are conducted throughout STS.
- STS will set up a private information hotline in order to address any requests received from the actual owners of private information to disclose, amend or delete that information within a reasonable timeframe and scope while respecting the rights of the owner of the information.
- STS develops management regulations related to the appropriate protection of private information, and continually reviews its details in order to improve protection of private information.